Facchina Award for two students
- Ceremony at the school mosaicists of Friuli for the delivery of the Premio Gian Domenico Facchina, awarded by the municipality of Sequals. The initiative is addressed to the pupils of the first course, in this case selected for having made the best final essay at the conclusion of the A.F. 2014-2015.
- The President of the School of Mosaicists Alido Gerussi has done the honours of the House by welcoming the mayor of Sequals, Dr. Lucia D’Andrea. Together they presented the prize to the nurseries of students and teachers gathered to support the winners and to feel an active part of a stimulating art what is the art of mosaic.
- CLAUDIA Millemaci(from San Canzian d’isonzo/GO) and CATERINA goi(of Mornago/VA) are the two award-winning students. Each of them has individually created a mosaic of Roman typology inspired by the mosaics of Tunisia of the second century A.D.. The two mosaics have been studied by the pupils through the reconstruction of the design trends, through the choice of materials and colours, up to the actual realization of the mosaic work, Tessera after Tessera, with a unique sensibility.
- The two Masterpieces – Depicting a deer and a lion respectively-will be Exhibited for a year at the city Hall in Sequals, “Commune known for having given birth to countless hosts of mosaicists and Terrazzo workers – as the mayor of Andrea emphasizes. A commune always ready to exploit and support the mosaic art even in times of economic difficulty, today unfortunately on the agenda “. “In addition to the Premio Facchina reserved for students of the school mosaicists-continues D’Andrea-the municipal administration has promoted the publication of the book Sequals, the Cradle of Mosaic and prepares to print a brochureto suggest pedestrian paths Looking for little treasures along the streets of the country. “
- “Also on the occasion of the Congress of the AIMC (International Association of Contemporary Mosaicists) hosted in May 2016 by the school mosaicists of Friuli – as President Gerussi emphasizes – the collaboration with the commune of Sequals will be consolidated, Organizing a guided tour in the homeland of the Facchina and the modern mosaic “
- It is not unnecessary to say that the mosaic is an art full of stimuli and through the school enhances the city of Spilimbergo and all the territory.
- Unanimous the wish to the award-and to all the students of the school-to meet good opportunities in this art and to contribute to create the mosaic of the future.